[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss Messaging client app fails to reconnect after restart

pgervais do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 16 16:05:09 EDT 2007

There seem to be a cleanup problem with the client JBoss Messaging QueueConnection.

When following these steps, everything works fine:
1. create a QueueConnection
2. create a QueueSender
3. send a message
4. create QueueReceiver (on the same queue as the QueueSender)
5. receive the sent message
6. close the connection
7. shutdown the JBoss server
8. restart the JBoss server
9. execute step 1-6
Everything work fine

But following these steps:
1. create a QueueConnection
2. create a QueueSender
3. send a message
4. create QueueReceiver (on the same queue as the QueueSender)
5. receive the sent message
6. shutdown the JBoss server
7. close the connection (I get an exception, it should be normal)
8. restart the JBoss server
9. execute step 1, I get an exception, this should not be normal

After investigating, I think that the problem happens when the close is executed in the second case. It seems that an exception is thrown before all the cleanup has been done, because I see a thread named WorkerThread#1[142.117.14.44:3421] (which is my machine address and what seems to be the port on which the thread is listening). That thread was not present in the first case, it disappeared after executing close on the QueueConnection.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4037712#4037712

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4037712