[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Multiple catchall error

Sammy8306 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 19 07:36:50 EDT 2007

I'm getting this exception :  java.lang.IllegalStateException: multiple catchall  elements when using the following pages.xml :

  | <!DOCTYPE pages PUBLIC
  |           "-//JBoss/Seam Pages Configuration DTD 1.2//EN"
  |           "http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages-1.2.dtd">
  |
  | <pages no-conversation-view-id="/home.xhtml">
  |
  | <page view-id="/newBlogEntry.xhtml">
  |     <navigation from-outcome="succesful">
  |          <end-conversation before-redirect="true" />
  |          <redirect view-id="/blog.xhtml">
  |             <param name="userId" value="#{user.id}"/>
  |          </redirect>
  |     </navigation>
  |     <navigation from-outcome="fail">
  |     </navigation>
  | </page>
  |
  | </pages>

The idea is to stay on the same page when fail is returned from an action called in /newBlogEntry.xhtml, and to stay on the same page otherwise. I tried to model this by returning null when I want to stay on /newBlogEntry.xhtml, however, this still triggered the redirection to blog.xhtml. Now, I'm returning an explicit "fail" string, but now I can't view any pages in my web-app anymore because of the exception above... what's going on here?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4038858#4038858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4038858