[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: JbossWS 1.2.1 and .Net 2.0 client

cdreyer1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 09:28:14 EDT 2007

I believe I found the bug. It is described here -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925272

In my .Net code I have field names ending with Specified on the object I'm sending through the web service (e.g. for an Integer field called NumberOfHits there will be a bool field called NumberOfHitsSpecified). If the Specified field is set to true, then it will be send. Else the .Net bug described above will have set it to false, and it won't be send.

This is only true for optional fields. So another solution is to make the field required in the WSDL. I have used the @XmlElement annotation like this
@XmlElement(required = true)
  | Integer NumberOfHits;

The last solution is to get the hotfix from Microsoft or get a service pack for the .Net Framework, but I have not found any of them. Anybody?

Regards,
Claus

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040586#4040586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040586