[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - directories and files write and read

moa3333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 09:30:50 EDT 2007

I am developping with ejbca and Jasperreports. I nead a temporary folder where i can generate some images and html files and then relod them to the user on the screen.

I have tried various paths with no rules. I already checked all the files are well deployed by JBoss inside a directory like this:

/opt/jboss/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp38980ejbca.ear-contents/adminweb-exp.war/

inside there is a WEB-INF directory

I would like to put my files into WEB-INF/reports/ or something at runtime.

This is my code for reading a file:

jasperReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport("/opt/ejbca_CVS/ejbca_ECLIPSE/src/adminweb/WEB-INF/reports/charts.jrxml");

it works only with a complete path to a stable directory for now.

This is supposed to generate a html file and all the images:

JasperExportManager.exportReportToHtmlFile(jasperPrint,"../WEB-INF/reports/charts.html");

This one uses relative paths. I have errors on this one like this:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error creating to file writer : charts

The file from where i am running this is located at:

/ejbca/adminweb/log/viewcharts.jsp

the .. should put me to /ejbca/adminweb/

Well, it does not work!

Does anyone know how to obtain a good directory and most of all how to configure JBoss in order to have write aces to that directory?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040588#4040588

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040588