[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: seam-ui example: s:selectItems example is broken

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 09:13:52 EDT 2007

Hm, that really doesn't help much.
How about a simple example that uses Seam's s:selectItems bound to a @OneToMany association in a  selectMany-Component? :-)

I did a grep through all the examples' code to find this one usage in the ui example. All the other usages of s:selectItems were in selectOne-Components which is much simpler anyway.

I can't see how hibernate mappings can help here. If I understood correctly there's no such beast as an EJB2 entity bean with container-managed bidirectional relationships.
If the UI manipulates only the list no possible mapping can update the single entities, right?

My solution that updates each child entity when the list setter on the parent entity is called seems to work fine, but it feels realy crude.
Also I'd like to avoid loading the "oldGroup" (see code below) if it isn't yet loaded anyway. It's pointless and causes unnecessary DB access because the change in the parent entity does not affect the DB at all. Still I'd like to update already loaded "oldGroup"s so that their state is still valid in case they are processed further in the same conversation.

Any idea?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069627#4069627

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069627