[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile cla

alamandrax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 10 06:06:44 EDT 2007

Hi jaikiran,

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

The following is the listing for the .jsp portion of $JBOSS_HOME\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\conf\web.xml

   <servlet>
  |       <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
  |       <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
  |       <init-param>
  |          <param-name>fork</param-name>
  |          <param-value>false</param-value>
  |       </init-param>
  |       <init-param>
  |          <param-name>xpoweredBy</param-name>
  |          <param-value>false</param-value>
  |       </init-param>
  |       <!-- Uncomment to use jdk1.5 features in jsp pages-->
  |       <init-param>
  |           <param-name>compilerTargetVM</param-name>
  |           <param-value>1.5</param-value>
  |       </init-param>
  |
  |       <init-param>
  |           <param-name>compilerSourceVM</param-name>
  |           <param-value>1.5</param-value>
  |       </init-param>
  |       <!---->
  |       <init-param>
  |          <param-name>engineOptionsClass</param-name>
  |          <param-value>org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.jasper.JspServletOptions</param-value>
  |       </init-param>
  |       <!-- Specify the jars relative to the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar that should
  |         be scanned for common tag lib descriptors to include in every war
  |         deployment.
  |       -->
  |       <init-param>
  |          <description>MyFaces tlds</description>
  |          <param-name>tagLibJar0</param-name>
  |          <param-value>jsf-libs/myfaces-impl.jar</param-value>
  |       </init-param>
  |
  |       <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
  |    </servlet>

I've moved JBoss to a folder which has no spaces in it and yet, get the same errors when I try to open my jsp files.

----

I've tried removing the jar files that you've mentioned, but doing so crashes the build when using ant. Is it safe to leave these jars alone for the moment? Can I remove the equivalent jars from the tomcat lib folder?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072947#4072947

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072947