[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException trying to connect

atuljboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 13 19:30:35 EDT 2007

Okay - I have found the resolution and it is pretty simple but I think it would be important for people to know.

The exception was being thrown because I did a cut paste of the block of the JMS provider from MS Word into vi editor on linux (found out it does not matter - even while editing on windows give same issue). That made tab characters remain in the block rather than spaces for the jndi context properties. That was causing the jndi lookup to fail. So the properties being loaded had those tab characters and they were not removed (?? don't know why - shouldn't white space removed/trimmed) during the lookup and obviously the name could not be found.

Pretty silly mistake - but took quite a bit of time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073761#4073761

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073761