[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Metadata Scope

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 15 10:15:37 EDT 2007

Between 1-2 is possible, we do this for EJB 3. In EJB 3 we use JBoss Remoting to send the invocation from the client to server, and make sure that the metadata is serialized with the invocation.

For 2-3 although I have not checked properly, I believe that it should be possible to solve this by using the org.jboss.aop.metadata.ThreadMetaData class. Look for ThreadMetaData in http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/aop/trunk/aop/src/test/org/jboss/test/aop/basic/AOPTester.java to see how it is set up
and see how it is transparently obtained from the invocation in http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/aop/trunk/aop/src/test/org/jboss/test/aop/basic/SimpleInterceptor.java

ThreadMetaData can be found here:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/aop/trunk/aop/src/main/org/jboss/aop/metadata/ThreadMetaData.java

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074447#4074447