[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - jBoss Seam 2.0 Beta 1 Asynchronicity issues

vadger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 15 15:48:17 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to launch asynchronicity and I've faced with a number of problems.

What I've done:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("prevedMedved")
  | public class PrevedBean implements IPreved {
  |
  | 	@Logger
  | 	private Log log;
  |
  | 	@In(create = true)
  | 	TaskHandler taskHandler;
  |
  | 	@Observer("org.jboss.seam.postInitialization")
  | 	public void sayPreved() {
  | 		log.info("PREVEEED MEDVEEEEEED!!!!! ##################");
  | 		log.info("IBVOKING TASKING4 after 1 minute");
  | 		Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
  | 		cal.setTime(new Date());
  | 		cal.add(Calendar.MINUTE, 1);
  | 		taskHandler.sayGreeting("PREVED, KROSAV4EGI", cal.getTime(), 1000L);
  | 	}
  | }

  | @Local
  | public interface TaskHandler {
  | 	@Asynchronous
  | 	void sayGreeting(String greeting, @Expiration Date date, @IntervalDuration Long interval);
  | }
  |

  | @AutoCreate
  | @Name("taskHandler")
  | public class TaskHandlerBean implements TaskHandler {
  |
  | 	@Logger
  | 	Log log;
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	public void sayGreeting(String greeting, Date date, Long interval) {
  | 		log.info("greeting: #0 at #1", greeting, new Date());
  | 	}
  |
  | }

I just tried to make tasking by example given in documentation.
When the method sayPreved is being invoked after deployment the method  sayGreeting is invoked immediatly - not after 1 minute as I expected. In addition I don't see any recurrent invocation. What am I doing wrong?

Another issue. I tried to add <async:timer-service-dispatcher/> to the components.xml as it is written in documentation to use EJB3 Timer. In application deployment I got initilization exception:
Caused by: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 44 of document  : The prefix "async" for element "async:timer-service-dispatcher" is not bound. Nested exception: The prefix "async" for element "async:timer-service-dispatcher" is not bound.
	at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:482)
	at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:343)
	at org.jboss.seam.util.XML.getRootElement(XML.java:16)
	at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.initComponentsFromXmlDocument(Initialization.java:130)

As I understand, the schema location for async is not specified. Is it bug?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074567#4074567

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074567