[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - java.sql.SQLException: Connection handle has been closed an

phani.chavala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 17 05:20:02 EDT 2007

Hi Guyz,

I am using jboss-4.0.3. i am experimenting with DAO patterns i wrote a program which handels all DB related operations like add, update, delete etc., For any DB operations i am unble to get the success. i am always ending with the exception stack trace.

UserDao is my Class name
createUser is my method name

14:24:13,764 ERROR [UserDao] >>>>>>>>>> SQLException In UserDao.createUser() java.sql.SQLException: Connection handle has been closed and is unusable	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection.checkStatus(WrappedConnection.java:526)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection.checkTransaction(WrappedConnection.java:513)
	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection.prepareStatement(WrappedConnection.java:169)

if anybody got the solution. plz let me know it would realy boost my task.

i am getting a separate connection for each and every opperation and closing that connection after compleetion.

is this the right way of getting a new connection for each new opperation. or can i maintain a single connection for all the operations plz let me know.

Thanks
Phani.Chavala

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075141#4075141

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075141