[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Property File Editor strips out

modoc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 14:15:25 EDT 2007

Okay, I think I've found the problem.  It's not a problem with the Red Hat Properties Editor.  Sorry for the false alarm, although I am confused about things now.

Basically, the resource bundle editor creates property files with the following format:

"key = value"

The Red Hat editor, identifies that first space before the = sign as the separator, however it also strips out the = sign and the following space.  As an example:

test.properties:
key=value
key2 = value2
key3 =value 3

same file after being opened with the Red Hat editor:
key=value
key2 value2
key3 value 3

I can see that based on the docs for the Java Properties file class that the editor is doing the correct thing, however even Sun's example on resource bundles uses the " = " syntax:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/resbundle/propfile.html

So I will definitely file a bug with the resource bundle editor, so that it will support the spec better, but I would also like to file a Jira ticket asking that the Red Hat editor preserve the existing separations if they are legal.

Sound reasonable?

Devon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075988#4075988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075988