[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Mail examples broken in CVS?

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 14:33:58 EDT 2007

After reading the Seam reference for 2.0.0.b1 I think I've found some niggles (which you're probably well aware of, but I'll raise them anyway ;)

I believe the deployment instructions for mail-ra.rar need revising since the file mail-ra.rar is no longer part of JBoss 4.2.x - this is implied when the doc states "replacing the default rar with the one distributed with Seam".  To resolve, I copied the Seam mail-ra.rar to default/deploy.  Is this still correct?  Or should I be removing/replacing any other mail files?

The doc refers the reader to http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=InboundJavaMail for more information on mail-ra.rar. The wiki currently does not have any information on this file.

To a vanilla seam-gen project, the Eclipse build path needs updating to add lib/mail.jar and lib/mail-ra.jar (note: JAR and not RAR) - it would be useful to get this from the docs rather than having to work it out.

The docs states that "Most seam annotations will work inside a MDB but you musn't access the persistence context." - Why is this?  Isn't that quite a severe limitation? Can anything be done to get around this?

Some very useful information comes to light in this thread:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115420

Particularly later on when the OP is talking about ports.  I would like to see that in the docs.

Finally, the takeaway example needs tweaking before it will build from CVS: the build.xml contains an import to ../../build.xml which should be ../build.xml?  Also the references to jboss-el.jar and jbpm-jpdl.jar in application.xml should be relative to lib/.  After these changes the example builds but I just get a completely blank page when I run it.  It would be great if this sample used the Meldware server.

Cheers,

Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075993#4075993

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075993