[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: JBossMQ Remote Client receives java.io.EOFException

alchemista do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 22 08:57:43 EDT 2007

There are two things that may be related, but I haven't been able to completely rule them out yet:

1.  O/S.  In my case, Windows Server 2003 SP1.  When I reviewed the SP2 bug fixes, there are a lot of TCP-related fixes done, and some of the bugs describe the issue as losing TCP connections.  There was one bug that said Windows Server 2003 SP1 talking with a Linux system using sockets could have the connection drop as well.  I'm planning on testing whether SP2 prevents these issues, but won't be able to test for a while.

2.  HSQLDB - Are you using HSQLDB?  I recently upgraded the included HSQLDB version with the latest JAR file from HSQLDB and so far it appears to be much more reliable.  With JBoss 4.0.2, JBoss only included a release candidate version of HSQLDB because they didn't have time to get in the final version.  Thus, upgrading HSQLDB (if you use it for the message store) is a worthwhile test.

I hope everyone will share what has/has not worked for them with this issue.  There are several threads with this issue, and not all of them are covered by the FAQs that Adrian mentioned.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076832#4076832

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076832