[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portal 2.6 LDAP Authentication

bdaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 24 08:01:00 EDT 2007

yes and no

Basically the reason about synchronization to DB is because you cannot map all needed user properties to LDAP attributes. So in theory, you can:

1) Alter profile-config.xml and make all properties map to LDAP (its tough as LDAP schema is limited)
2) in identity-config.xml get rid of DelegatingUserProfileModuleImpl and just setup LDAPUserProfileModuleImpl as the main one.

With this no synchronization will occur. But... if your only concern is about keeping user passwords in DB you can just set 'randomSynchronizePassword' option and this will do the job. DB will contain only randomly generated password value. There is also 'defaultSynchronizePassword' - this value will be put in database for every synchronized user. Actually the reason about putting anything in password field is that I if anyone by accident enable such synchronize database with portal... But if you prefer I can add 'synchronizePassword' switch and let it just go with empty value.

Look at the docs:
http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6/referenceGuide/html/identity.html#identity.management_api
http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6/referenceGuide/html/identity.html#d0e6278

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4077742#4077742