[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - how to use DataModelSelectionIndex correctly ?(newbie questi

guiltyxsin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 08:57:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

Trying to use the DataModelSelectionIndex to pick up particular row of data and use it to do another query from other Action.java. I am not sure if I have done it right or not. I just can't get the data from the database.

this is what I have done. Have been stuck on it for a while. Appreciate any help.

  | @DataModel
  | private List<Customer > customers;
  | @DataModelSelectionIndex
  | private int customerIndex;
  |
  | @Out(required=false)
  | private Customer customer;
  |
  | @Factory("customers")
  | public void findCustomers()
  | {
  |      customers = em.createQuery("select c from customer c").getResultList();
  |  }
  |
  | public String selectcustomer()
  | {
  |     setcustomer();
  |     return("selected");
  | }
  |
  | public void setcustomer()
  | {
  |     customer= customers.get(customerIndex);
  | }

And I inject customer on the other Action.java and use it to query for related data. but it doesn't work. Am I doing it wrong?

Here's the code for second Action.java

  | @In
  | private Customer customer;
  |
  | @DataModel
  | private List<Result> results;
  |
  | public void getResult()
  | {
  |
  | results = em.createQuery("select r from Result r where r.subscription_id = :SID")
  | .setParameter("SID", patient.getId())
  | .getResultList();
  |
  | }

build and deploy successfully but just not returning anything from getResult, a blank page. I have no idea why.

Regards,
Andy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078333#4078333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078333