[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Injection vs. property

gstacey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 14:02:36 EDT 2007

I'm fairly new to Seam.  I have a small project working and I like working with it so far, but I have a best practices type question...

Is it better to inject properties into your beans or just use getters/setters?

e.g.

  | @Name("groupEditor")
  | public class EditGroupBean implements EditGroup
  | {
  | 	private Group myGroup;
  |
  | 	public Group getGroup()
  | 	{
  | 		return myGroup;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setGroup(Group group)
  | 	{
  | 		myGroup = group;
  | 	}
  | }

accessed via groupEditor.group.propertyName

or

  | @Name("groupEditor")
  | public class EditGroupBean implements EditGroup
  | {
  |         @In (required=false)
  |         @Out (required=false)
  | 	private Group group;
  | }

accessed via group.propertyName

Are there advantages / disadvantages to either approach?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078459#4078459

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078459