[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - jboss 4.0.5 and jbossws 2.0.1, Exception invoking a web serv

gumnaam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 18:18:48 EDT 2007

I have a very simple EJB3 SLSB EchoService, which has one method hello.
Operation hello takes in a string and returns the same string.

If I deploy this application, in jboss 4.0.5 stock which comes with
jbossws 1.0.3, then I am able to successfully invoke the hello operation using soapui.

Now If I install jbossws 2.0.1 in my jboss 4.0.5, the application
starts up fine, the wsdl is also generated correctly, but upon invoking the hello method from soapui, I get the following error on the server.

anonymous wrote :
  | 18:08:15,776 ERROR [SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS] SOAP request exception
  | org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPFaultException: Endpoint {http://ejb.myproj.mycomp.com/}EchoServicePort does not contain operation meta data for: {http://ejb.myproj.mycomp.com/}hello
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.server.ServiceEndpointInvoker.getDispatchDestination(ServiceEndpointInvoker.java:457)
  |         at org.jboss.ws.core.server.ServiceEndpointInvoker.invoke(ServiceEndpointInvoker.java:176)
  |         at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.processRequest(RequestHandlerImpl.java:408)
  |         at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.handleRequest(RequestHandlerImpl.java:272)
  |         at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.doPost(RequestHandlerImpl.java:189)
  |         at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.RequestHandlerImpl.handleHttpRequest(RequestHandlerImpl.java:122)
  |         at org.jboss.wsf.stack.jbws.EndpointServlet.service(EndpointServlet.java:84)

I need to upgrade to jbossws 2.0.1 as we will soon be migrating to jdk 1.6, and jbossws 1.0.3 does not work with jdk 1.6.

Any pointers will he appriciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078520#4078520

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078520