[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 2.0: Why does @Datamodel require a setter?

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 27 18:30:52 EDT 2007

Maybe I am a bit thick here but I still don't get why a setter should be needed. If the datamodel is page scoped I would expect it to go back into page context (= Contexts.getPageContext().set("name", dataModel)) after deserialization. What sense does it make to reinject it into the action bean even if that particular action bean is not called in a second request.

I always thought that @DataModel works pretty much like @Factory: Once a datamodel is created it becomes a completly independent, fist-class component. The difference is of course that @Factory is called automatically and @DataModel is only used if the annotated bean is called.

Regards

Felix

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078522#4078522

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4078522