[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Possible Memory Leak? (1.4 SP7)

slattery do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 4 12:16:07 EST 2007

Looks like this could be "user error".

In the above code, it looks like objects are getting added to cache locations "/i/j".

While each objects is removed from "/i/j", the "/i" node remains (leaked by the user). I added an additional statement:
cache.remove(fqn);
That seems to clean it up, and the code can execute forever without leaking memory.

However, I briefly tried doing this in JBossCache 2.0 (using attach()/detach() instead of putObject()/remove()), and it appears that the heap-usage still grows rapidly, even though it looks like all the cache nodes are getting removed.

I think we'll be using 1.4, so I won't investigate it further. Thanks to those who took a look at this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4110269#4110269

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4110269