[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messaging 1.3 Clustering question

nbakizada do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 7 12:50:17 EST 2007

I am having trouble either configuring things or understanding how they are supposed to work.

I have a cluster of 2 nodes (ServerPeer 0 and 1). Jboss messaging 1.3 has been setup on both with the clustering configuration (using the correct clustered-oracle-persistence.xml configuration).

The 2 nodes see each other just fine. If I take one down, I see the other one being notified and updating its cluster map, and vice versa.

I have defined one clustered queue (which I want to behave as a virtual queue). To do this, I defined a destination for this queue on each of the 2 nodes. I assume it needs to created on both nodes, even though it is supposed to appear as one virtual queue to the client. Is this correct?

The client connects to the queue using the ClusteredConnectionFactory and a HAJNDI lookup to something like <IPofServer0:1100, IPofServer1:1100>.

After sending 500 messages, I noticed that all of them show up on the queue of Server 0 and none on Server 1, even with the policy set to round robin. Further more, if i take server 0 down, the 500 messages are still NOT accessible on Server 1. My understanding was that jboss-messaging clustering would allow for the messages to either be replicated or somehow made available to the client even if one of the Servers went down. Is this correct? What am I missing?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4111300#4111300

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4111300