[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: Unwaring web app - leaves some files in the war

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 17 13:13:26 EST 2007

LL, I am trying to replicate the problem, but I have a few questions.

1) Originally, you stated that the your WAR contained:
myapp/conf/config.properties
myapp/WEB-INF/ etc etc

Did you really mean the the WAR is as follows:

myapp.war
  | + conf
  |    + config.properties
  | + WEB-INF

In other words, within your WAR there is not a base directory named myapp and that instead both conf and WEB-INF are base directories.

2) You stated that the code "class.getResourceAs()" is used to access the properties file. My understanding of getResourceAsStream (which is what I think you meant) is that the file is loaded using the class loader, and therefore the properties file would have to be located at WEB-INF/classes/config.properties (or within a jar in WEB-INF/lib).

I assume that in the WAR file there is a conf base directory and the properties file is located in that directory. Could you post the exact code used to access the properties file, including the code that obtained the 'class' variable.

3) I noticed you are using 5.0 beta2. Have you tried your app in 4.2.x? Does it work there? The reason I ask is because the deployer in beta2 is broken in so many ways, in which case you might have been lucky enough to find another way that it is broken.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113495#4113495

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113495