[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Messaging 1.3 Clustering question

tim.shaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 13:34:00 EST 2007

Yes, but the distributed queue example opens 2 connections (which are given out round-robin as expected) and sends a single message on one and receives it on the other. This may be a distributed queue, but doesn't show load balancing.

What I am trying to do is send 200000 (or, for testing, 100) onto a single queue and have the clustered machines service these (via MDB's) using a load-balancer. I am happy with a round-robin for now :-)
I believe this is a valid use case!

Is this possible? I assumed it was ... MQ would service the messages round-robin, and JBM is supposed to be better!

Are there any examples of such a configuration around? I can only get one of the machines to service the messages - which one depends on the ClusteredConnectionFactory of course.

Thanks

tim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4113902#4113902

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4113902