[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No page context active

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 28 15:43:30 EST 2007

Thanks to your insight, Pete, and to the samples, things are going swimmingly.  One more question though...I forgot to mention another case in the scenario I described--the case where no results are found for the search parameters provided.

The method that performs the search when the user hits the button is marked with @Begin.  When the search comes back with nothing, I populate the FacesMessages, but I would think there really should be no active conversation (both conceptually and for performance) unless results are obtained and a particular widget is chosen.  Is this a valid concern?  If so, how can I end the conversation within the method marked with @Begin when no results are found?  Or is there a more elegant way of addressing this?

Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115975#4115975

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115975