[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Don't use DTDs in your .xml files

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 31 08:55:03 EST 2007

Done:

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2441

But this really is a long-standing bug / deficiency in dom4j.  It should have various configuration options of what to do if a DTD can't be found:

1. Silently ignore the problem and continue parsing
2. Throw an exception that says, "I don't have that DTD in my classpath."  This should be the default behaviour.
3. Attempt to fetch the resource over the net.  This should need to be explicitly configured, because it's almost always the wrong thing to do, and is probably going to fail anyway.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116172#4116172

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116172