[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Directory structure change in JBoss AS affecting seam

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 21:30:27 EST 2007

You are correct - JBoss 5 is not the same as JBoss 4.  If you are just wanting to do Seam and have no specific reason to be on JBoss 5, I'd recommend staying on JBoss 4 so that you won't run into any differences.

JBoss 5 uses Tomcat 6 and the JSF RI by default.  It does not come with myfaces.    It is very clear that your app is trying to use the myfaces StartupServletContextListener, which doesn't exist.

I believe JBoss 5 comes with a version of the Seam booking application that you can use as a guide if you really feel the need to be on JBoss 5 now.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4010333#4010333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4010333