[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Using own Classes as member for ManyToMany-Assotiations

micho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 6 09:19:46 EST 2007

I defined a class
public class UsergroupList extends ArrayList<Usergroup>
  | {}

The class user is
public class User implements Serializable
  | {  ...
  |   private UsergroupList mUsergroupList;
  |
  |   @ManyToMany ( targetEntity = Usergroup.class )
  |   public Collection getUsergroupList()
  |   { return mUsergroupList; }

when deploying I get the error
org.hibernate.AnnotationException: Illegal attempt to map a non collection as a @OneToMany, @ManyToMany or @CollectionOfElements: com.xyz.UsergroupList

but I think   UsergroupList implements collection as it is an ArrayList

If I write
@ManyToMany ( targetEntity = Usergroup.class )
  |   public Collection getBenutzerGruppeListe()
  |   { return mUsergroupList; }
  | the deployment works.

But invoking
private EntityManager em;
  | erg = (List<User>) em.createQuery("from User").getResultList();

throws
javax.ejb.EJBException: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: Exception occurred inside setter of com.xyz.User.usergroupList

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4011917#4011917

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4011917