[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Outjection of Seam components into Session scope

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 7 00:20:11 EST 2007

Looking at the Seam docs:

Seam docs wrote : @Out(scope=ScopeType.SESSION)

  | Specifies that a component attribute that is not a Seam component type is to be outjected to a specific scope at the end of the invocation.

Ok, I can see that happening in practice.  If I have a bean that has:

 @Out(scope=ScopeType.SESSION) private String foo;

then that does in fact outject a string called "foo" into the session.  Obviously String is not a Seam component.

If I do the same code like this:

 @Out(scope=ScopeType.SESSION) private User user;

where User is in fact a Seam-managed component, with a default (conversation) scope, it doesn't work.

Hmm.  Does this mean that I should have multiple roles for my Seam components?  Like for User, we want one user that is session-scoped, for the guy who is logged in, and we want another user that is conversation scoped, for creating a new user.  Is the right way to do this to have two Roles attached to user, one session-scope and the other default (conversation) scoped?

I'm just trying to figure out what's the best practice on this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4012272#4012272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4012272