[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Parameter Changes through JBOSS JMX or Twiddle

mahendra_kutare do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 9 02:59:25 EST 2007

Hi,

I am using JBoss version 4.0.4 GA for my test run with JDK 1.5.0.10.

I would like to understand the follownig -

1) If i change the MaxPoolSize (Count of Server threads) attribute value of pooled invoker configuration from JMX console or twiddle - then what will be the impact mechanism of this change ?

a) Say for example i have initial value of MaxPoolSize as 50. I then decrease it to 70 how and  will JBoss behave internally ?

- Will it change the threads to 70 immediately, even if say the workload would not require more threads or it will wait till the workload requires more threads and then increase the count to 70 in this case ?

- Essentially what policy or algorithm does the JBoss application server uses if any parameter changes at container level or web server level in configuration files through JMX or twiddle ?

a) Say for example i have initial value of MaxPoolSize as 50. I then decrease it to 30 how and  will JBoss behave internally ?

- Will it change the threads to 70 immediately, even if say the workload would not require more threads or it will wait till the workload requires more threads and then increase the count to 70 in this case ?

- Essentially what policy or algorithm does the JBoss application server uses if any parameter changes at container level or web server level in configuration files through JMX or twiddle ?

Please do respond to this as my tests are related to changing the parameters and their impact, hence its imperative to know what policy or algorithm does JBoss uses internally on any changes through JMX console or twiddle. If any more information on my environment is required, i would be glad to put that across.

Regards
Mahendra

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013486#4013486

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4013486