[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - DeadLock problem !

warx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 9 11:15:54 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

i have a problem about deadlock on a table.
I have twomethod inside a Session EJB.
The first does a run a SELECT statament on the table TEST to get some data and put them insiede an ArrayList, then i use this ArrayList to display data on a report.
The second method does and insert statement into the table TEST.
Well, the table TEST contains about 500.000 records and the database is IBM DB2.
When I launch the first method to create the report and, while it is running, I call the second method i get a DEADLOCK error because it seems that the first method LOCKS the entire table TEST.
I know that calling a method inside a Session EJB i start a transaction, so could be right put the first method outside the Session EJB to avoid the start of the transaction ?
Any suggestion ?
I have a doubt, everytime i open a connection (outsidea Session EJB) to a database do i start a trnsaction anyway ?
Any suggestion ?
Cheers.

                     Stefano

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4013724#4013724