[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFa

sandrocchio_0.1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 12 04:52:13 EST 2007

Hi there,
I'm trying to call an session Bean (EJB3 - jboss 4.0.5) methods from a simple client. But it returns me the following error:

Caught an unexpected exception: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

in the classpath:
jboss-j2ee.jar
Cart - dist/Cart.jar (the ejb module)
jdk 1.5

-default package
  |               |- jndi.properties
  |               |
  |               |- cartClient
  |                         |-Main.java

the jndi.properties
### JBossNS client properties for connection from the localhost
  | java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  | java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
  | java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099/
  |
  | # The jnp protocol socket factory class
  | jnp.socketFactory=org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory

and the Main.java
public class Main {

  |     /** Creates a new instance of Main */
  |     public Main() {
  |     }
  |
  |     /**
  |      * @param args the command line arguments
  |      */
  |     public static void main(String[] args) {
  |         // TODO code application logic here
  |         try{
  |             Context ctx = new InitialContext();
  |             Object objRef = ctx.lookup("ejb/CartBean");
  |             CartRemoteHome home =
  |                     (CartRemoteHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(objRef, CartRemoteHome.class);
  |
  |             CartRemote shoppingCart = home.create("Duke DeEarl", "123");
  |
  |             shoppingCart.addBook("The Martian Chronicles");
  |             shoppingCart.addBook("2001 A Space Odyssey");
  |             shoppingCart.addBook("The Left Hand of Darkness");
  |
  |             Vector bookList = new Vector();
  |
  |             bookList = shoppingCart.getContents();
  |
  |             Enumeration enumer = bookList.elements();
  |
  |             while (enumer.hasMoreElements()) {
  |                 String title = (String) enumer.nextElement();
  |
  |                 System.out.println(title);
  |             }
  |
  |             shoppingCart.removeBook("Alice in Wonderland");
  |             shoppingCart.remove();
  |
  |             System.exit(0);
  |
  |         }catch(BookException ex){
  |             System.err.println("Caught a BookException " + ex.getMessage());
  |             System.exit(0);
  |         }catch(Exception ex){
  |             System.err.println("Caught an unexpected exception: " + ex.getMessage());
  |             System.exit(1);
  |         }
  |     }
  |
  | }