[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Security

Smurfs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 05:50:30 EST 2007

I've had no problems implementing the latest authentication/authorisation security features thanks to the contributors to this thread :)

I now need to roll my own implementation of org.jboss.seam.security.Identity to include a third log-in form attribute called 'organisation'. This identifies the user as a member of a particular organisation, fulfilling one or more roles. I need to use this approach as the user could also be a member of one or more organisations with a totally different set of roles/permissions for each.

I have extended the Identity class to implement the additional attribute, however I am stuck when it comes to annotating MyIdentity class in such a way that Seam 'knows' this is the identity type to use. I have injected MyIdentity into the Authenticator implementation but get the following exception which indicates Seam is still looking at its' own version:

javax.faces.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /login.xhtml @45,84 value="#{identity.organisation}": Bean: org.jboss.seam.security.Identity, property: organisation

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017539#4017539

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017539