[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Null Value in s:link w/IceFaces

gzoller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 16 15:45:29 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm using <ice:dataTable> to render some search results, like in the hotel booking example.  Here's a bit of the code:

  | <ice:dataTable id="departments" width="100%" cellspacing="1"
  |                        value="#{year.list}" var="item"
  |                        rowClasses="rowClass1,rowClass2">
  |
  |                <!-- More rendering stuff here -->
  |
  |                <s:link id="viewItem" value="#{item.name}" action="#{year.selectItem(item)}"/>

The 'item' var is correctly assigned and the item.name value is correctly rendered.  When I click on the link year.selectItem() is called, but... I get a null value passed in.  For some reason the 'item' isn't being passed.

I know item is non-null because it rendered the name property correctly.

Why wouldn't it be passed to selectItem()?

I see that in the hotel booking example the list used in the ice:dataTable has a @DataModel annotation where in my app its just a list of non-Seam objects.

If I make the list a @DataModel will item then be passed?

Thanks,
Greg