[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - [Jboosws1.2]Encoding problem

rlamie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 17 13:31:25 EST 2007

JBossws1.2
JBoss 4.0.5GA
Windows XP

Maybe a little bit offtopic but i submit my case :

- WS Client based upon a wsdl stored locally (called File1)
- When I run the client, I got the following error :

  | Caused by: org.apache.xerces.xni.XNIException: Parser should stop: JBossWS_www.mycomp.com_orb_types45651.xsd[domain:http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210]:
  | :[key=InvalidByte]::Message=Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

Actually, when I look at the ${jboss.home}/server/default/tmp/jbossws, I see my 2 files :

- ...orb_types45651.xsd with encoding : Unix/iso-8859-1
- ...PortType_PortType45647.wsdl with encoding : Unix/utf-8

Whatever the encoding of my original wsdl file (utf-8 or iso-8859-1) , I come to this error.

So I can guess the problem is that the schema is generated in iso-8859-1 (default encoding for windows xp) instead of utf-8
This is checked when I run JBoss with the following jvm options : -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8, in this case it works!

My question is, is the solution to force the generation of schema with the utf-8 encoding ?

Thank you.
R.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018252#4018252

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018252