[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - One node in two clusters?

chrismeadows do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 19 10:29:21 EST 2007

Is it possible for one cache node to be in two clusters? I've read in a couple of places around the JBoss website that it is possible, but haven't seen how to configure the cache in that way.

What config sections do I duplicate?

The reason I want to do this as follows; I have a cluster in Europe and a cluster in USA. The nodes in each cluster replicate synchronously over LAN via UDP. Then I want one node of each cluster to also replicate asynchronously over WAN via TCP to the other cluster.

What config setup do I need for the nodes that are replicating both within the LAN and the WAN?  Do I duplicate the JGroup config, but then how do I relate the UDP config to sync LAN replication and TCP config to async WAN replication?

Or do I have to use a shared cache loader? I've thought about it, but that seems a tricky implementation and so doesn't feel like the right solution.

Can anyone provide any insight? Or better still, an example config file?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4018870#4018870

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4018870