[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Is managing conversations in *.page.xml files good practice?

lawrieg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 20 13:14:55 EST 2007

Hi,

Seam-gen generates apps which have their conversational behaviour managed (i.e. have their conversations begun and ended) by settings in their *.page.xml files. However, the reference documentation doesn't mention this practice, and none of the Seam example apps appear to be coded this way.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of this approach?

And, is this actually "best practice" that I should follow in my apps or not?

I'm also wondering whether this practice will hold up if my pages get more complicated (for example, a page with a list of Customers on the LHS and on the RHS allowing you to edit a selected that you have selected from the list)?

Thanks,

Lawrie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019484#4019484

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019484