[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Task timer and TaskInstance.dueDate field

p4elka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 20 13:26:01 EST 2007

Hello

JBPM allow to use timers with task instance, where timer has it's own due date not related to task due date. Timer's due date cannot be changed after timer is created (at least using API provided i.e SchedulerService or JobSession).
Sometimes it is required to change due date for timer associated with task instance after task instance is created, and I haven't found standard way of doing this in JBPM.

Here is how I think this could be implemented and I would be glad to get your opinion on this.
I believe that link between task instance due date and task timer due date is missing in current JBPM implementation.
Task due date should be ignored when timer is associated with task, and task instance should be initialized with timer due date.
Upon change of task due date, we should look whether task has timer associated and if yes, timer instance should be found and updated with new due date value.
Another approach could be not to change dates in existing timers but cancel timer and create new one using existing timer declaration.

What do you think ?

Thanks a lot !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4019486#4019486

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4019486