[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: One node in two clusters?

chrismeadows do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 21 12:47:49 EST 2007

I've almost achieved what I need by using TcpDelegatingCacheLoaders. The configuration I have is:

Cluster 1 has two nodes A and B replicating using UDP.
Cluster 2 has two nodes C and D replicating using UDP.

A, B, C, D all use unshared cacheloaders

Clusters 1 and 2 cannot find each other

Node A has a chained TcpDelegatingCacheLoader, delegating to a TcpCacheServer that wraps node D
Node C has a chained TcpDelegatingCacheLoader, delegating to a TcpCacheServer that wraps node B

Now what happens is that a single cache change is continually propagated in a loop, typically A->C->B->D->A, because A does not know that the update incoming from D originated from A (A and D are in separate clusters).

I think I'm close to what I am trying to achieve; can anyone fill in the miss bits? Can the data packets be given UUIDs so that A can ignore packets that it created?

Also, it looks like the true tag is ignored for the TcpDelegatingCacheLoader

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4020124#4020124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4020124