[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: De-Persistence problem with Node?

pramero do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 23 18:19:08 EST 2007

"estaub" wrote :

  | I don't have an answer, but I do have a little info.
  | The CGLIB proxies are used by Hibernate.
  |
  | http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/performance.html#performance-proxies

Ah, this makes perfect sense.  I was fully (ok, not fully) aware of Hibernate's us of proxies created by CGLIB.  I was unaware of this quirk though.  Looking back through all my personal use of hibernate, by public API's are always defined as interfaces, so sub-classes are actually sub-interfaces, and are therefore always castable  (because the proxies can implement all interfaces) -- so I've never ran into this particular problem, although I've used Hibernate with polymorphism quite a lot.

It seems the only real fix is for jBPM to re-design their public interfaces such that they are actually interfaces.  Hence TaskNode would implement Node and not extend Node.

This leaves me in an interesting quandy:  no way to examine the Tasks of my process definition's TaskNodes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021379#4021379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4021379