[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: 1.2.0.CR1 transparent node failover does not always work

bander do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 25 18:45:04 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : I am trying to understand why you're example uses an exception listener to catch exceptions, and recreate the connections etc?

In this case it's because I'm reusing a test case I created for an issue in 1.0.1. :)

We're also working with the assumption that an error on the connection is likely to be infrequent and in most situations will signify that something  unrecoverable has happened i.e. it will be safer to just start over. This assumption may be invalid - I'm open to any better/more sensible/more standard way to do it.

Our code also needs to work with other JMS providers that don't have transparent failover. We've got production sites using Oracle JMS (which is really just the JMS API wrapped around their Advanced Queues DB functionality) but smaller potential customers don't want to pay $$$ for Oracle. So, we've been evaluating the Open Source alternatives i.e. JBoss Messaging, Active MQ, Open JMS, Sun Messaging. JBoss is one of the more attractive options because paid support is available.

Ben

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022151#4022151

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022151