[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portlet modes

sudarshanacharya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 26 18:01:32 EST 2007

I have a portlet with different modes. Form the default page (mode), there are links to the various modes.
The default page is accessed through a navigation link. It works fine for all the modes. But when I refresh the page from the explorer, the default page shows up regardless of which mode I am in currently. But I want it to stay on the current mode and refresh that page only, while it goes back to the default page. This is because I have killed the session after it sets the template page. But if I dont kill the session, the Navigation link when clicked will link to  the current mode, while it should go to the default page.

Basically, I want the navigation link to bring the page back to default page, while I want the explorer REFRESH to refresh the current template mode only.

My code looks like this. Has anyone ever faced situation like this. It's kinda tricky. How can I modify the doView to solve the problem? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated:
protected void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response) {
		String template = TEMPLATE_HOME;
		String mode1= (String) session.getAttribute(MODE1, PortletSession.PORTLET_SCOPE);

		if(mode1 != null && mode1.equalsIgnoreCase(PAGE1)) {
			template = TEMPLATE_PAGE1;
			session.removeAttribute(MODE1);
		}
		setTemplate(request, response, template);
	}

public void processAction(ActionRequest request, ActionResponse {
		String mode1 = request.getParameter(MODE1);
		if(mode1 != null && mode1.equalsIgnoreCase(MODE1)) {
		      request.getPortletSession().setAttribute(MODE1, PAGE1, PortletSession.PORTLET_SCOPE);
		}
	}

Thanks
Sudarshan