[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Combining list and all CRUD functionality on a single pa

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 26 18:04:41 EST 2007

I would post another example of CRUD based on IceFaces but IceFaces is not tooooooo stable with Seam right now (they are working on it).

I have a menu option with Create that goes to a create page, in a separate conversation, of the required object type.
I use a page with a list of objects of the required object type... and buttons for View, Delete, Update that "jump off the list" (into separate conversations).

>From the View you can transform into a Update or Delete.

Finally, the separate conversations talk back to the original stateful list to update it.

All view pages use "NonEditableXXXFields.xhtml" and all pages that need to edit (inc. Create) the fields use "EditableXXXFields.xhtml"... using one .xhtml gets just too cluttered i.m.h.o.

The List is both paged and ordered based on the column header you select (nice features of IceFaces Table).

Its all a matter of taste...

I'll post a link to the running site at some point (but it's FRAGILE) due to Icefaces.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4022737#4022737

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4022737