[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Usage of LastResource Inteface leads to warning

ypsilon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 08:38:58 EST 2007

Hi.

first of all thanks for your reply!

"weston.price at jboss.com" wrote : To clarify, are you implementing a ResourceAdapter? It sounds like you are doing far too much in your code as JCA takes care of most of this for you.

Actually no: I do not implement a ResourceAdapter. I implement an XAResource. As far as I read that should do the job. Eventhough I have to admit that with the described service it is not possible to create a full featured XAResource. I also have to admit that I am fairly new to the JTA topic. I've done some reading an my idea was (just to clarify the terms that) in my scenario we have:

TransactionManager - as provided by JBoss AS
ResourceManager - the external service provider which will deal with the payments.
My XAResource - The interface used to make the TransactionManager work with the ResourceManager (i.e. the Service Provider)

>From my limited knowledge of JCA I cannot really say if it's a smaller efford to write a JCA ResourceAdapter to do my job. (Actually writing the XAResource was fairly simple as it does not do much)

Am I missing a point here?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings