[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Is an application server the right tool?

ailes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 09:05:44 EST 2007

Sorry I wasn't clear.

This is a farm of PCs that run various operating systems. Each PC is called a worker. The workers perform generic computational work for us. The architecture is actually 3 tiers, however. The servers that control the farm actually talk to a small number of manager machines and these machine in turn talk to the workers. This is done for scalability reasons.

The managers run java clients that are currently just plain java apps, i.e. no managed environment. The manager code is all created/controlled by us.

Right now we have much of the business logic and design done for both the managers and the services that ultimately control the managers and run the system. The question is whether these centralized services should also run in a simple home-grown container or whether we can host them in an application server to take advantage of the features it provides.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023686#4023686

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023686