[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Migrating JavaBean <resource-ref>s from Tomcat to JBoss

pdanielsen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 16:28:15 EST 2007

Hi,

I have an application originally developed with Tomcat 5.0.28 that I'm trying to port to JBoss 3.2.8 SP1.  (I'm using that version of JBoss because this application works with another application that was developed to work with 3.2.x).  I've created a jboss-web.xml file to accompany WEB-INF/web.xml and an -ds.xml file for the deploy directory for connecting to a DataSource, but I haven't yet discovered how to resolve other <resource-ref>s  that refer to regular JavaBeans (not EJBs) with application configuration information.

In Tomcat, I used the method shown for "Generic JavaBean Resources" at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html which resolves these resources by using an application-specific context file.  I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to define the values of JavaBean resources in JBoss.

Thanks,

Peter

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023975#4023975

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023975