[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Excel support in Seam: any interest?

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 16:32:02 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | So how about creating s:dataTable which extends h:dataTable and adds support for
  | 1) Exporting to CSV,XML,Excel,PDF
  | 2) Sorting
  | 3) Paging

Well, this is definitly not the way I would go. (As a matter of fact tomahawk has done some of the stuff but last time I looked at it it was chaotic).

What I would wish is a tag lib which really produces genuine excel files - including formulas, cell types, number formats. It would be ideal if one could use an original excel file as a "template". Then one would add pivot tables and nice little graphs to the tamplate, the user could specify some filters and aggragation levels and then the pivot data would be copied to the excel file.

This would make a LOT of controllers very, very happy.

Regards

Felix

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023979#4023979

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023979