[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using <s:selectItems> with a list of entities

pgmjsd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 18:02:56 EST 2007

Okay, this looks like some sort of incompatibility with <s:selectItems> and <ec:entityConverter>.   The NoSelectionConverter is effectively overriding the EntityConverter in the ConverterChain.

I was able to work around the problem by using my own bean that generates SelectIems with labels and converts the select item values back into the entity objects (similar to http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SelectItems).

But... this isn't as nice as the EntityConverter, IMO.

Should I not be using EntityConverter?   Is this a known issue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024017#4024017

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024017