[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using Seam gem for tomcat with and without embedded ejb3

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 3 23:29:49 EST 2007

I think I'd always rather run an app in a proper app server than in a simple web container.  There are so many more deployment and management options, and applications are so much easier to work with in the JBoss.  Tomcat standalone feels rather clunky and confined to me.  It's like trying to use a windows shell when you are used to using a UNIX shell.  You can still get things done, but it's just not a very good experience.  Even if I only needed/wanted tomcat features, I'd still prefer to run a bare tomcat profile in JBoss rather than in tomcat standalone.  (the installer do that now, so it's not a pain like it used to be)

That being said, hopefully we'll be able to support more deployment options in seam-gen in the future.  If it is particularly important to you, maybe you will want to chip and help out?  :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3997822#3997822

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3997822