[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Naming service problem

czaszek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 5 05:12:27 EST 2007

Hi All

I run jboss-4.0.5.GA, I am trying to integrate the Jboss with WebSphere MQ, using the Jboss Wiki page:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IntegrationWithWebSphereMQSeries

When running the test:
$ant wsmq-tests
It tries to connect to the JBoss bootstrap port and throws exception:

anonymous wrote :  [java] javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

I run the default configuration in:
c:\jboss-4.0.5.GA\server\default\deploy\naming.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml
I have
<mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingService"     name="jboss:service=Naming"
  | xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/NamingService-xmbean.xml">
  | <attribute name="CallByValue">false</attribute>
  | <attribute name="Port">1099</attribute>
  | <attribute name="BindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>

unfortunately when I do a netstat -an I do NOT see the 1099 port.
During the startup process of the server all resources binds properly,
so I have no idea why it nothing is listening on this port.
I am new in Jboss, thanks in advance for any help.

Best Regards
Lukasz

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3998206#3998206

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3998206