[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Magnolia integration with JBoss Portal 2.6

olivie34 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 10 09:44:58 EST 2007

I'm a new JBoss Portal developer and I've just discovered Magnolia  tools. Both are JackRabbit-based, but Magnolia seems to add interesting content management functionnality that I'd like to use.

So, I'm wondering about integration of the two products !

Sure, I've noticed that Magnolia JSR168 portlets were not included in the community edition (the free one) :-(

So, would it be suitable to play that scenario ?
- use JCR repository JackRabbit of Magnolia, on JBoss App. server.
- branch JBoss Portal on that repository
- use Magnolia free web app on JBoss App. server as a back-office administration tool (authoring)
- use standard JBoss Portal content management portlet or an customized one
- define and use JCR custom node types

I hope it's not a such impossible architecture ! Does someboday has already tested such architecture ?

Thanks in advance for your helps and opinions about that,

Olivier.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3999963#3999963

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3999963