[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Find a process via variable associated with it - unique

dslevine do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 14 16:13:21 EST 2007

I am trying to figure out the best way to do this as well.  Please share any ideas you come up with.  The way I have come up with for now is to define a link from my object to the variableInstance object in Hibernate.  (Assuming you are saving your objects as HiberateLongVariable type objects.)

  |     	<class name="MyObject" table="MY_TABLE">
  |
  |   		<set name="variableInstances">
  | 			<key column="LONGVALUE_" />
  | 			<one-to-many class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.HibernateLongInstance" />
  | 		</set>
  |         </class>

Then you can call myObject.getVariableInstances to return a Set.  On each variable in that list you can then call hibernateLongInstance.getProcessInstance();

The ProcessInstance works fine... except...

I am having a separate problem where when I access the ProcessInstance this way, and I then call

  | processInstance.getContextInstance().createVariable("anotherVariable", anotherVariable)

the variables dont get set in the DB at all.  Hmmmmmm.  Any thoughts?

Again, I dont think this is the "best" way to access the variables from the object, so please share back any other thoughts.

dan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4001578#4001578

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4001578